....There is something you must do!



This blog is designed to tell the tale of a young woman with a lifelong dream to see two of the world's biggest Three Day Events - Badminton (GB) and Kentucky (USA)...in two consecutive weeks. Throw in some time in UK, Europe and USA into the mix and bring a long-suffering husband along in tow....all of a sudden we have a whirlwind adventure on our hands. Stay tuned!







Friday, 3 June 2011

Home sweet home....

Well, it's now almost a month since the adventure ended and I finally thought to finish off the blog!

It was quite an eventful flight home. I almost didn't leave the country, my heavy suitcase caused me to overbalance and topple down the escalator at JFK airport! How embarrassing....then halfway through our flight home suffered a massive nose bleed. We arrived in Sydney and went through customs, with silly me leaving a bag behind - thankfully some fast thinking and talking meant I was able to recover it (given it had all my important Kentucky and Badminton souvenirs, I wasn't going to give up easily!).

Arriving back at Tullamarine and heading down the Calder was strange....everything seemed so eerily quiet after the hussle and bustle of New York! 

It was lovely of course to finally see my family and animals again - everyone had done a great job in taking care of the place. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. :)

Now, it's back to work and reality...but good to be back in the saddle again. After seeing two of the biggest events in the world (and many other things!) I am all inspired for the season ahead. Next stop? Melb 3DE next weekend...although maybe next year it will be riding rather than watching??

Thanks to everyone reading for sharing the journey with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment