....There is something you must do!



This blog is designed to tell the tale of a young woman with a lifelong dream to see two of the world's biggest Three Day Events - Badminton (GB) and Kentucky (USA)...in two consecutive weeks. Throw in some time in UK, Europe and USA into the mix and bring a long-suffering husband along in tow....all of a sudden we have a whirlwind adventure on our hands. Stay tuned!







Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Riding near Cirencester...not quite as expected

Ok, so I did get to go riding, but it was a little different to what I had expected....! I picked what I thought was a reputable establishment & thought I had made my requests clear, as beforehand they asked my height, weight & level of experience.

XC lesson was ok...instructor was good, but the horse was big & clumpy. At least I got to go for a hoon, jump some fences & work on my lines & position. Not too bad considering on a strange, much bigger horse.

Dressage lesson...well, I thought " schoolmaster lesson with senior instructor" meant I'd get to ride an educated horse. No, it meant flatwork lesson on poor old school horse. Unfortunately he was big, hollow, stiff...with a mouth like concrete and rigid sides. I am used to riding horses that go forward into a contact. Made me appreciate my own horses much more in any case. Although they have their problems, at least they are responsive!

So now we are in the lovely city of Bath...very beautiful. Tomorrow we make our way to Chippenham for our Badminton accomodation. Only 2 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment